Fairy Tales

Fairy tales don't tell children dragons exist, they already know. Fairy Tales tell children dragons can be killed.

~Unknown~

Making Melodies

Making Melodies

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Devils Chokehold

With its suffocating chokehold fear takes control of us, it takes the life we once knew and injects an impassable fear that we cannot possibly release ourselves from. We struggle and fight but it's impossible to overcome.
As we fight for our last breath a new hope arises. We know not what it is nor where is comes from but we cling to it. It's a last hope an only hope.
Suddenly the chokehold is softened and we gasp for air. With a new found strength we battle our fears disregarding an unseen assistance. We win.
Though it is after the victory that our true problems arise, in an eagerness to return to life as it is, we forget the hope we were given. We forget the very thing that saved us and it will remain forgotten until we once again fall into the devils chokehold.


I wrote this speaking of a chapter in my life. For nearly a year I fought though panic and anxiety attacks, I could easily write you novel about those in themselves but I do not have the time or even the willpower for such a dramatic feat. Just trust me when I say it's never something easy to survive. I survived because I had the assisstance of my Savior, but often that is something we take for granted. Never take His mercy or love forgranted, you will greatly regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment